Benishek’s Retirement Won’t Help Democrats in 2016: RothenbergLaura Litvan
Republican Rep. Dan Benishek’s decision to retire from his Mich. district won’t aid Democrats in their drive to retake House next November, Rothenberg and Gonzales Political Report says.
- While he was considered vulnerable this election cycle, his Northern Mich. district “leans Republican under most conditions”
- Report notes the district backed Republican President George W. Bush in 2004, GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney in 2012, and GOP nominee Terri Lynn Land in last yr’s Senate race
- NOTE: Benishek won his last election with just a 48.1-47.6% margin, or just 1,881 votes
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders