MillerCoors Names Interim CEO Hattersley to the Job PermanentlyBy
MillerCoors, the U.S. joint venture of SABMiller Plc and Molson Coors Brewing Co., named interim Chief Executive Officer Gavin Hattersley to the job permanently.
Hattersley had been serving in the role since the retirement of CEO Tom Long, who stepped down on June 30, the company said in a statement Tuesday. Hattersley, 52, also is the chief financial officer of Molson Coors, which will replace him in that job by mid-November.
SABMiller and Molson Coors created the joint venture in 2008, the same year that InBev NV bought Anheuser-Busch Cos. Sluggish sales of mainstream brands have fueled speculation that beer giants may rely on additional mergers to maintain growth. But SABMiller’s attempt to consolidate the industry by buying Heineken NV last year was turned down.
MillerCoors sells an assortment of well-known American beers, including Coors Light, Miller Lite and Miller High Life.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- U.S. Companies Abandon the NRA as Boycott Call Grows
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Prime-Age Men May Never Return to U.S. Workforce, Fed Paper Says