Freeport Leads Gains by Miners as JPMorgan Said to Be AdvisingBy and
Shares had tumbled 58% this year in global commodities rout
Freeport opened the door to selling shares in its energy unit
Freeport-McMoRan Inc. rose the most among major mining stocks after people familiar with the matter said the company is working with JPMorgan Chase & Co. to review its strategy following activist investor Carl Icahn’s entry into the shareholder register.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’