Trump Pads Lead, Carson Up to Second in National GOP PollCatherine Traywick
Billionaire Donald Trump has increased his backing since last month’s debate of Republican presidential contenders, with Ben Carson moving into second, a Monmouth University nationwide poll of GOP voters show.
- The poll “speaks volumes to the low regard GOP voters have for the establishment,” said Patrick Murray, director of the independent Monmouth University Polling Institute
- Trump leads large pack of contenders with 30%, up 4 pts from before Aug. 6 debate; Carson at 18%, up by 13 pts
- Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz tied for third with 8%; Marco Rubio at 5%; Carly Fiorina and Mike Huckabee at 4%;Scott Walker at 3%
- Rand Paul, Chris Christie, John Kasich at 2%
- Poll surveyed 366 registered voters who identify as Republican or lean toward GOP from Aug. 31-Sept. 2; margin of error +5.1ppts
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Hong Kong's Richest Woman Loses Half Her Wealth on Stock Plunge
- Snowstorm Looms as Spring Begins in Washington, Mid-Atlantic
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- Facebook on Defensive as Cambridge Case Exposes Data Flaw