Biden White House Run Would Be ‘Good,’ Candidate Chafee SaysKim Chipman
If Vice President Joe Biden decides to compete for the Democratic nomination next yr it would add a “very experienced” candidate to the mix, former Sen. Lincoln Chafee tells CNN.
- “Voters like choices,” Democratic presidential candidate Chafee says, adding that he served on Foreign Relations Cmte with Biden when both were in Senate
- Investigation into Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton’s e-mail server while secretary of state is “big deal” and “obviously” having effect on Biden’s decision whether to run, Chafee says
- “We all know as Democrats we have to win in 2016”
- Clinton “obviously” vulnerable as e-mail controversy is “huge issue”
- On immigration, Chafee reiterates call for Congress to bring back version of 2005 immigration legislation led by Sen.John McCain, R-Ariz., and the late Democratic Sen. Ted Kennedy
- NOTE: Chafee was among co-sponsors of bill that called for border security and would have allowed undocumented immigrants to work legally in U.S. after paying a fine
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.