Walker’s Lead in Wis. Down to 25% From 40% in April: MU Law PollGreg Sullivan
Wis. Gov. Scott Walker leads neurosurgeon Ben Carson with 13%, Donald Trump 9%, according to Marquette Law School poll of Republican primary.
- Ted Cruz with 8%, Carly Fiorina and Marco Rubio each with 7%, Jeb Bush at 6%, and rest of field has 4% or less
- Poll director Charles Franklin says Walker’s falling support “a notable shift” from April; NOTE: Trump wasn’t in last poll
- Hillary Clinton tops Walker 52% to 42%, Bush 47% to 42% in general election head-to-head
- Walker’s approval rating among Wis. voters 39%, 57% disapprove
- In April, Walker had 41% job approval, 56% disapproved
- In Wis. Senate race, Russ Feingold leads Ron Johnson 47% to 42%
- Race has tightened since April when Feingold led 54%-38% in same poll
- NOTE: Poll of 802 people, 334 Republicans and 396 Democrats, conducted by landline and mobile phone from Aug. 13 to Aug. 16 has +/- 4.3 ppts margin of error; error margin among just Republicans is 6.6 ppts
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.