Sony to Sell Darth Vader-Themed PlayStation 4 System in NovemberChristopher Palmeri
Sony Corp. unveiled a Darth Vader-shaped version of its PlayStation 4 game console designed to capitalize on the release of the latest “Star Wars” film later the year.
The Darth Vader console will go on sale Nov. 17, the same day as the Star Wars Battlefront video game from Electronic Arts Inc.
Walt Disney Co., which acquired the rights to “Star Wars” in 2012, is releasing its first installment of the franchise, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” on Dec. 18. The company is also planning on a massive merchandising push tied to the new film.
The PlayStation announcement was made on Sunday, the last day of the biennial D23 Expo, a conference for Disney fans in Anaheim, California. PlayStation 4 was the top-selling game console in July, according to NPD.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Morgan Stanley Says Stock Slide Was Appetizer for Real Deal
- U.S. Stocks Fall With Treasuries, Dollar Climbs: Markets Wrap
- U.S. Pays Up to Auction $179 Billion of Debt in a Span of Hours
- Florida Teachers’ Pension Fund Invested in Maker of School Massacre Gun
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It’s Gone Too Far