Shire Seeks to Lure Baxalta Into Talks With $30 Billion BidChitra Somayaji
Shire Plc made an unsolicited offer to buy one-month-old Baxalta Inc. for about $30 billion in stock to bolster its focus on rare diseases, a move that may fend off larger drugmakers looking at its own assets for a tax break.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Bitcoin Climbs as Futures Debut Fails to Incite Attack by Shorts