Scotiabank Hires Barratt as Director of Base MetalsJoe Deaux
Bank of Nova Scotia hired Grant Barratt, who formerly worked at Jefferies Bache LLC, to lead the company’s base metals sales desk in New York.
Barratt started on July 9 as the director of base metals, he said. Jefferies in 2011 reached a deal to buy Bache’s Global Commodities Group from insurer Prudential Financial Inc. for about $430 million. Barratt worked at the Bache unit for Prudential and Jefferies for more than 15 years, including in London and Hong Kong, he said in a telephone interview.
Societe Generale SA in April agreed to purchase most of the futures business of Jefferies Group LLC’s Bache unit as France’s second-biggest bank pushes into derivatives. Jefferies said in April it was closing down the rest of the business.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- U.S. Stocks Rebound, Dollar Stumbles With Yields: Markets Wrap
- Los Angeles Cracks Down on Out-of-Control Hollywood Party Houses
- Jeremy Grantham Wants His Kids to Get Into Emerging Markets