Jeb Bush: U.S. Should Be Candid on Failures Addressing InjusticeDerek Wallbank
“When President Obama says that, quote, ‘for too long we’ve been blind to the way past injustices continue to shape the present,’ he is speaking the truth,” Jeb Bush says in speech to National Urban League conference. “But we should be just as candid about our failures in addressing the injustices of a more recent origin.”
- Says doesn’t accept “new normal” of “anemic” 2% growth; says U.S. should aim for 4% growth
- Says one of best anti-poverty programs “is a strong family”
- Link to full speech
- Bush spokeswoman Allie Brandenburger separately says Hillary Clinton’s attack in earlier speech “are just more false, cheap political shots to distract from the fact that Secretary Clinton has no record of accomplishment to run on this race"; says Bush ‘‘running on his record’’
- NOTE: Hillary Clinton earlier slammed Bush in her speech to group: ‘‘I don’t think you can credibly say that everyone has a right to rise and then say you’re for phasing out Medicare or for repealing Obamacare. People can’t rise if they can’t afford health care”
- NOTE: Bush backed by super-PAC called “Right to Rise”
- Earlier story: Hillary Clinton Slams Jeb Bush’s Record in Urban League Speech
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.