Rubio Missing Senate Votes While on Campaign Trail: PoliticoJoi Preciphs
Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., has missed 42 votes, or more than a third of roll calls on Senate floor since announcing his candidacy for president in April, Politico reports.
- Following him are Sens. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., who missed 37 votes, and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who missed 33 votes during same period
- “It’s not unusual for presidential candidates to miss Senate votes,” Rubio spokesman Alex Conant told Politico, adding that Rubio “remains fully engaged in the issues important to Florida and helping Floridians”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Drop Most in Six Weeks on Trade War Tension: Markets Wrap
- YouTube Bans Firearms Demo Videos, Entering the Gun Control Debate
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million
- Under Fire and Losing Trust, Facebook Plays the Victim
- Fed Lifts Rates, Steepens Path Through 2020 for More Hikes