Pound Drops as Declining Retail Sales Puncture BOE SpeculationDavid Goodman and Marianna Aragao
The pound fell to a one-week low against the euro after a report showed U.K. retail sales unexpectedly shrank in June, puncturing some of investors’ optimism about the strength of the economy and scope for higher interest rates.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Bitcoin Climbs as Futures Debut Fails to Incite Attack by Shorts