Xi Has Shown ‘Bold Disregard’ for Human Rights: RubioHolly Rosenkrantz
Sen. Marco Rubio, Rep. Chris Smith, chairs of Congressional-Executive Commission on China, say in e-mail statement they are deeply alarmed by recent round-up of human rights lawyers and activists in China.
- Rubio, R-Fla., Smith, R-N.J., say the wave of repression represents an undeniable setback in U.S.-China relations
- “China seems to be closing its doors to new ideas and ways of thinking that are essential for the type of economic innovation, political transparency, and diplomatic cooperation needed to shape the future of U.S.-China relations,” statement says
- NOTE: Rubio seeking GOP presidential nomination
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself