Taxes, Infrastructure are Key Barriers to Caribbean Growth: IDBAleem Khan
Caribbean’s business climate and labor productivity hindering growth, Inter-American Development Bank report says. * High tax burden on businesses is common in region * The Bahamas needs to improve its tax structure; reduce transactional barriers and costs; reduce energy costs; upgrade transportation infrastructure; reduce crime and concerns about insecurity * Jamaica needs to reduce crime; set up more progressive tax system while broadening the tax base; reduce energy costs * Barbados needs to improve its tax structure; reduce transactional barriers/costs; improve environmental infrastructure; reduce energy costs * Guyana needs to improve electricity supply to boost labor productivity; reduce violence and crime; improve transport infrastructure * Trinidad & Tobago needs to reduce transactional barriers and costs; strengthen port infrastructure; reduce subsidy on transportation fuels; reduce crime and violence; improve the quality and transparency of public institutions
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Halts Autonomous Car Tests After Fatal Crash in Arizona
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- How Facebook Made Its Cambridge Analytica Data Crisis Even Worse