(Some) Republicans Get Religion on Climate
Jerry Taylor talks with passion about how climate change should be a conservative issue. While environmentalists on the left focus on controlling carbon emissions, Taylor argues the right should be looking at climate change the way it looks at financial risk. Leading climate experts estimate there’s a 10 percent chance of catastrophic warming because of climate change in this century. Speaking to an audience at the American Enterprise Institute in June, Taylor put the issue this way: If you knew there was a 10 percent chance that we’ll have another Great Depression, would you keep investing in equities? “Heck no,” Taylor said. “You would very well hedge.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders