Brookfield Makes A$8.8 Billion Takeover Offer for AscianoEdward Johnson
Brookfield Infrastructure Group offered A$8.8 billion ($6.8 billion) in cash and stock for Australian transport company Asciano Ltd.
Brookfield offered to acquire Melbourne-based Asciano for A$9.05 per share, according to a statement to the ASX Wednesday, 36 percent more than Tuesday’s closing price.
Asciano’s board will hold exclusive talks with Brookfield to progress the proposal, according to the statement.
Link to Statement:Link
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Drop Most in Six Weeks on Trade War Tension: Markets Wrap
- YouTube Bans Firearms Demo Videos, Entering the Gun Control Debate
- Under Fire and Losing Trust, Facebook Plays the Victim
- Fed Lifts Rates, Steepens Path Through 2020 for More Hikes
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million