Japan Beats Cameroon 2-1, Advances to World Cup Knockout RoundMasumi Suga and Grace Huang
Defending champion Japan beat Cameroon 2-1 on Friday night in Vancouver to secure a place in the knockout round of the Women’s World Cup.
Aya Sameshima and Yuika Sugasawa gave Japan a lead with first-half goals before Cameroon scored late in the second half. Japan, ranked fourth by FIFA, faces Ecuador in its final Group C match on Tuesday, Canada time.
Play in the knockout round is to start June 20.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It's Gone Too Far
- Dollar Steady, Oil Rises as European Stocks Falter: Markets Wrap
- Boom Turns to Bust for Millennials Across Advanced Economies
- How One of the Most Profitable Trades of the Last Few Years Blew Up in a Single Day
- Singapore Plans to Boost Goods and Services Tax to 9%