Panasonic to Send Hundreds to Help Tesla Set Up Battery FactoryMasatsugu Horie
Panasonic Corp. plans to begin sending hundreds of Japan-based employees this autumn to help set up the massive battery factory Tesla Motors Inc. is building in Nevada.
Panasonic, Tesla’s battery supplier and an investor in the so-called gigafactory, will probably keep only a few dozen employees at the site beyond the first several years to get production up and running, Yoshio Ito, its senior managing director for automotive business, told reporters in Osaka, Japan.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It's Gone Too Far
- Morgan Stanley Says Stock Slide Was Appetizer for Real Deal
- Boom Turns to Bust for Millennials Across Advanced Economies
- How One of the Most Profitable Trades of the Last Few Years Blew Up in a Single Day
- Dollar Steady, Oil Rises as European Stocks Falter: Markets Wrap