MORE: Melissa McCarthy’s ‘Spy’ Tops Theaters With $30m In DebutAnousha Sakoui
The espionage comedy featuring Melissa McCarthy topped U.S., Canadian weekend theater receipts, falling short of estimates, Rentrak says in e-mailed statement.
- “Spy” (FOXA) No. 1 at $30m; ests.: $31m-$41.2m
- No. 2 was “San Andreas” (TWX) at $26.4m; domestic gross $99m after 2 wks
- “Insidious Chapter 3” (CMCSA) was 3rd w/$23m; ests.: $21m- $28.6m
- Top 10 films $124.8m vs $153.8m a yr earlier
- YTD box-office $4.52b vs $4.41b; 3%
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.