NBA Teams With Fanatics on New 25,000 Square-Foot New York StoreEben Novy-Williams
The NBA has turned to Fanatics, the biggest online retailer of officially licensed sports merchandise, to operate its new 25,000 square-foot store in New York.
The three-floor flagship store should open in Midtown Manhattan later this year, the National Basketball Association said today in an e-mailed release. It will combine merchandise and memorabilia sales with an event space and video games.
Fanatics Inc. operates the online shop for a number of leagues and franchises, including the NBA and its New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls. Fanatics is growing its in-venue business -- in January the company signed a 10-year deal to handle at-track merchandise for Nascar.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Electric Buses Are Hurting the Oil Industry
- Why High-Flying U.S. Home Prices Seen Getting Another Jolt
- Stocks Push Higher; Dollar Reaches 3-Month Peak: Markets Wrap
- Ford Plans $11.5 Billion in Extra Cuts, Kills Most U.S. Cars
- American Cities Are Fighting Big Business Over Wireless Internet, and They’re Losing