In Places Where Banks Don't Exist, the Mobile Phone Breaks New GroundSiegfrid Alegado
As a schoolgirl in Manila, Vilma Fetesio would stand at the dock each month with her brother and other children, waiting for boatmen to bring them money from their parents on other islands. Sometimes, in rough weather, the boats didn’t come.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap