ABB Supplying Power Infrastructure to U.K. Offshore Wind FarmLouise Downing
ABB Ltd., a Swiss maker of grid connections and robots, won an order to supply power infrastructure for a 400-megawatt wind farm off the U.K.’s coast.
ABB will supply equipment including an onshore substation to integrate the new wind farm into the country’s transmission grid, it said Wednesday in a statement on its website. The Rampion facility is expected to start working in 2018 when it will supply enough power for about 300,000 homes.
The U.K. is Europe’s largest offshore wind market accounting for more than half of all installed capacity at 813 megawatts, according to estimates from the European Wind Energy Association. The Rampion project will be built off the country’s south coast and will comprise 116 turbines.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It's Gone Too Far
- Dollar Steady, Oil Rises as European Stocks Falter: Markets Wrap
- Boom Turns to Bust for Millennials Across Advanced Economies
- How One of the Most Profitable Trades of the Last Few Years Blew Up in a Single Day
- Singapore Plans to Boost Goods and Services Tax to 9%