Rubio to Oppose Any U.S. Ambassador to Cuba Until Changes MadeDerek Wallbank
“I intend to oppose the confirmation of any potential U.S. ambassador until the following issues are satisfactorily addressed,” Sen. Marco Rubio writes in letter to Secretary of State John Kerry.
- Rubio says concerned about lack of political reforms and progress on human rights, harboring “known terrorists and other fugitives from U.S. justice,” property claims and judgment against Cuban govt, and limitations on U.S. diplomats in Havana
- NOTE: Rubio, R-Fla., is running for president
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Musk Takes Down the Tesla and SpaceX Facebook Pages
- Trump Wanted a Trade War. Here’s What One Looks Like
- A Horror Week for the Dow Has Investors Begging for Trump Respite
- Qantas Passes Aviation Milestone With Direct Perth-London Flight
- Stocks Tumble in Biggest Weekly Decline Since 2016: Markets Wrap