INDIA OPTIONS WRAP: VIX Drops to Six-Week Low While Nifty JumpsSantanu Chakraborty
India’s VIX -2.8% to 16.66 on May 29, lowest since April 20, vs 3-mo. avg of 16.37.
- Nifty put/call open interest ratio 1.02, lowest since May 29, vs 3-mo. avg 0.98
- Bank Nifty ATM implied volatility 24.6% vs 3-mo. avg 22.5%
- Foreigners buy net $599.2m of index futures
- Foreigners buy $425.2m of index options
- Foreigners sell $196m of stk futures
- Foreigners buy $15.4m of stk options
- Foreigners buy $26.7m of stks on May 28; YTD net purchases $6.8b
- CNX Nifty futures OI 652,234 contracts; SGX Nifty 369,936 contracts
- Total Nifty futures OI -11.3% to 1.02m contracts
- Total Bank Nifty futures OI -35.5% to 67,135 contracts
- Highest OI on Nifty: 8,000 puts, 8,800 calls
- Biggest increase in Nifty OI: 7,400 puts, 8,300 calls
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It's Gone Too Far
- Dollar Steady, Oil Rises as European Stocks Falter: Markets Wrap
- Boom Turns to Bust for Millennials Across Advanced Economies
- How One of the Most Profitable Trades of the Last Few Years Blew Up in a Single Day
- Singapore Plans to Boost Goods and Services Tax to 9%