Hong Kong Stocks Rise as Shanghai Shares Rally; Reorient JumpsKana Nishizawa
Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index rises 0.6% to 27,597.16, reversing earlier loss and capping its first gain in four days.
- Huatai Securities +4.8% on H.K. debut
- Reorient +152% as it resumes trading; Jack Ma-backed fund buys majority stake
- Belle +5.3%, Bank of Communications +4.5%, leading gains on HSI
- Hanergy remains suspended; shrs fell to a record discount in bidding on U.S. over-the-counter markets
- HSCEI +1.4%, MSCI HK +0.5%, Shcomp +4.7%
- Sands China -3.7%, Galaxy -4.5%, leading drop on HSI; Macau’s casino revenue drops 37% y/y in May
- Zoomlion shrs suspended pending “inside information announcement”
- NOTE: China’s May manufacturing PMI 50.2 vs est. 50.3; final HSBC China manufacturing PMI 49.2, in-line with est.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.