EU Investment Plan Alone ‘Not Enough:’ Commission’s KatainenKati Pohjanpalo
Europe needs investment beyond the ~EU300b program planned by the EU, European Commission Vice President Jyrki Katainen says in interview on Finland’s YLE TV1.
- “The level of investment is about EU300b lower than the long-term average. That’s very worrying. When investments aren’t made, competitiveness doesn’t improve and the ability to employ people doesn’t improve.”
- “The ~EU300b program to boost investment is spaced over 3 years. It won’t resolve anything on its own, but hopefully gets investment going.”
- Says Nordic Investment Bank should direct some lending to higher-risk private-sector investments
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Avicii, DJ-Producer Who Performed Around the World, Dies
- Deutsche Bank's Bad News Gets Worse With $35 Billion Flub
- Wells Fargo's $1 Billion Pact Gives U.S. Power to Fire Managers
- Southwest Airlines Gives $5,000 to Passengers on Fatal Flight
- Oil Shrugs Off Trump Tweet to Rise for a Second Straight Week