DirecTV Says ‘Monitoring’ Argentine Unit Involved in FIFA ProbePablo Gonzalez
DirecTV spokeswoman Cara Brugnoli comments in e-mail in response to questions on ownership of stake in Argentine company Torneos y Competencias SA, named in FIFA investigation.
- "DIRECTV owns a minority equity position in the company and we are currently monitoring the situation," Brugnoli wrote
- TyC CEO Alejandro Burzaco was named in probe by U.S. Justice Department on Wednesday
- NOTE: DirecTV acquired a stake in TyC in 2008, its head of Latin America Bruce Churchill said in a 2009 conference call
- NOTE: DirecTV’s stake in TyC was 40% as of 2010
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis