Christine Milne Resigns as Leader of Australian Greens PartyEdward Johnson
Christine Milne resigned as leader of the Australian Greens party and said she won’t seek another term in the Senate in elections next year.
“I have achieved what I set out to achieve when I took over the leadership,” Milne said in an e-mailed statement. “The Greens have gone from strength to strength with solid election results and a growing, engaged party membership.”
The party said it would hold a ballot for a new leader at 11:30 a.m. in Canberra today.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Electric Buses Are Hurting the Oil Industry
- Why High-Flying U.S. Home Prices Seen Getting Another Jolt
- Stocks Push Higher; Dollar Reaches 3-Month Peak: Markets Wrap
- Ford Plans $11.5 Billion in Extra Cuts, Kills Most U.S. Cars
- American Cities Are Fighting Big Business Over Wireless Internet, and They’re Losing