Boehner Says Democrats Should Be Blamed If Homeland Money Ends
(Bloomberg) -- “It’s up to Senate Democrats to get their act together,” U.S. House Speaker John Boehner said on “Fox News Sunday” program in interview taped on Feb. 13.
* When asked if he was prepared to let funding lapse, Ohio
Republican said, “Certainly. The House has acted. We’ve
done our job.” * NOTE: U.S. Department of Homeland Security faces shutdown of
non-essential operations if Congress doesn’t reach agreement
before current funding ends Feb. 27 * NOTE: Senate Republicans have failed three times to advance
bill, which seeks to reverse President Obama’s executive
orders on immigration policy as condition for funding dept;
Democrats have blocked measure, saying funding shouldn’t be
held up over unrelated policy dispute
Story Link:NSN NJTRV76K50XU<GO>
For Related News and Information: First Word scrolling panel: FIRST<GO> First Word newswire: NH BFW<GO>
To contact the reporter on this story: David Lerman in Washington at +1-202-654-4341 or email@example.com To contact the editors responsible for this story: Andrea Snyder at +1-202-624-1831 or firstname.lastname@example.org Joe Sabo
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- Hong Kong's Richest Woman Loses Half Her Wealth on Stock Plunge
- Facebook Plunges as Pressure Mounts on Zuckerberg Over Data