Perry Court Setback Sparks Love-Fest Among 2016 Rivals
A judge on Tuesday denied former Texas Governor Rick Perry's request to dismiss a criminal case against him, sparking an improbable outpouring of support from other likely Republican presidential candidates.
Perry is accused of threatening to veto funding for an ethics task force if its lead prosecutor, who had been convicted of drunk driving, didn't resign.
When the news of the denial came out Tuesday, several of Perry's would-be rivals tweeted their support, most using the hashtag #StandWithRick. Here are some of the messages of support from Perry's pals.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Halts Autonomous Car Tests After Fatal Crash in Arizona
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- Facebook Plunges as Pressure Mounts on Zuckerberg Over Data