Ben Carson Spent MLK Day Defending the GOP as the Party of Civil Rights
Dr. Ben Carson spent part of his weekend at the South Carolina Tea Party Coalition meeting in Myrtle Beach, where activist "Wild Bill Finley" announced that "the Tea Party is taking Martin Luther King away from the liberal left." But by Monday morning, Carson was in Washington, called on to speak to TV audiences about the state of race in America. In a morning C-SPAN interview, he told one caller it was "stupid" to suggest that it would be hard to elect a black president after Barack Obama: "Isn't he half white?"
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States