Dear John Boehner, Please Don't Ever Make Taylor Swift GIFs AgainBy
John Boehner, the speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, has entered new and very in-sync-with-the-youth territory: politics via GIF. On Friday, a week after President Obama announced a $60 billion plan to make community college free for millions of people, Boehner laid out a detailed case against the plan, using 13 animated images of Taylor Swift. Head to Speaker.gov for sick burns such as "Free?! Is he using magic money? Nothing is free" and "Turns out…when President Obama said 'free' what he meant was '60 Billion dollars over 10 years.'" (In case you thought Obama meant "free" as in: People will now pay for college with magic money.) Enjoy jokes including "Not even all the Taylor Swift album sales in the world would cover that bill" and "60 billion dollars is a lot of money...you can't just shake it off." Shake It Off is a Taylor Swift song, LOL.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Erase Losses; Dollar Extends Drop: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020