Seven of the Most Unintentionally Creepy Ads of All Time
A British homebuilder was forced to pull an advertisement for a luxury apartment building in London last week, after the ad was roundly mocked on social media for being appalling, terrifying, or both. “A glimpse into the psychotic mental state of housing in London,” said one viewer on Twitter. “A new low in the genre of dystopian / beyond-satire property ads from Redrow Homes,” tweeted a second, referring to the company that produced the ad. The ad's star, an actor whose appearance and vibe falls somewhere between Christian Bale in American Psycho and Christian Bale in Exodus, narrates the effects of his soul-sucking career and personal life over the type of score directors normally use to signal an impending murder. Ahead, that ad plus six examples of unintentionally horrifying marketing.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap