Brandy Melville: Instagram’s First Retail Success
The first thing Lola Yerton did after hearing about Brandy Melville from her older sister Bella last summer was to pull up the clothing store’s Instagram account on her phone. It was love at first sight. There were photos of cool stickers and of clothes she saw herself wearing: T-shirts and sweaters, scarves and beanies. Now, six months later, the 11-year-old visits a few Brandy Melville pages every day—the company maintains different social media accounts for its various locations—looking for items to buy, either online or at the branch in Waikiki, Hawaii, where she lives.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Charles Manson, Imprisoned Mass-Murdering Cult Leader, Dies
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Euro Drops on German Impasse, China Stocks Rebound: Markets Wrap