Facebook's Weird, Warm Data Centers Reach the MainstreamBy
Getting weird and warm isn’t the exact sales pitch of Vantage Data Centers, although it might as well be. The Santa Clara, Calif., company is a player in the wholesale data center market, running large data centers and renting space in the facilities to others. While the model is not novel, Vantage has tried to put a fresh twist on the business. It is adopting some of the more radical computing infrastructure ideas developed by such companies as Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Facebook and then offering its customers a chance to save money if they’re willing to give the cutting edge technology a try.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself