OPEC's Colluders Are in a No-Win SituationBy
Economists will tell you that cartels are hard to keep alive. They work when everyone in the cartel holds down production to keep the price artificially high (and punish customers). But there’s a huge incentive to exceed one’s quota.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap