The Strange Logic of SoundCloud's Deal With Warner MusicBy
SoundCloud’s 175 million users dwarf Pandora’s 76 million and Spotify’s 40 million. But unlike those digital music rivals, SoundCloud had done practically nothing to turn those legions of users into a real business. Now that’s starting to change with its first-ever major label deal, announced on Tuesday, with Warner Music Group.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Stocks Drop, Yen Gains as Investor Jitters Return: Markets Wrap
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States