Manuel Noriega: Too Villainous to Win Call of Duty LawsuitBy
Manuel Noriega has lost his case against the maker of Call of Duty. “Old Pineapple Face,” as his fictionalized character is known in the popular video game, had sought damages from Activision Blizzard, citing legal protections that give people the right to control how their likeness is used in commercial works. The game maker argued for dismissal on so-called anti-Slapp (strategic lawsuit against public participation) measures that prohibit lawsuits intended to squelch the right to free speech, and on Monday the judge agreed.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders