Blendle Looks to Expand Its Extremely Metered Paywall
Alexander Klöpping doesn’t scan as a natural ally for newspapers. The former TV news presenter is 27 and, when dressed in Silicon Valley-style casual, looks even younger. Last year, at a dinner with reporters and editors from De Volkskrant, a daily in his native Holland, he stood up and said, “I never paid one cent for journalism in my life.” The remark was recalled by Philippe Remarque, the paper’s editor in chief, who added, “We started booing him, just for fun. And then he said, ‘Lately, I am paying for Spotify, so you see, if you make the service good enough, then people will pay.’”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders