Costco Aims for a Younger Customer, Sells More KaleBy
Costco, home of cheap hot dogs and unreasonably large buckets of mayonnaise, has found a new niche: fresh food and, along with it, fresh customers. In an earnings report today, the company said sales of fruits, vegetables, and other perishables increased, in percentage terms, in “the high single digits.” Overall, it reported profit growth of 13 percent, making this its best quarter since May 2013.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts