New Watch Exclusive: Roger Dubuis Hommage Minute Repeater Tourbillon Automaticby
Watches&Wonders (Hong Kong) -- At the January 2014 Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH), Roger Dubuis completely overhauled the Hommage collection, one of its core offerings. The new designs are distinguished by their relative understatement when compared with Roger Dubuis's more brash Excaliber and Pulsion watches. Here is an exclusive first look at the latest addition to the family, the Hommage Minute Repeater Toubillon Automatic.
First Thoughts: It's still on the in-your-face side of the spectrum, but mechanically the Hommage Minute Repeater Tourbillon Automatic watch is unassailable (if a mouthful). If you like big, shiny pink gold watches that are better made than your Pagani, this is the way to go. Plus, it chimes.
Cocktail Party Fact: Roger Dubuis is the only manufacture to have every one of its watches certified with the Poinçon de Genève, or Geneva Seal. This is an extremely stringent set of criteria that covers everything from the way the movement is set into the case to the way the screws are polished.
- Case Diameter: 45mm
- Case Thickness: 15.19mm
- Case Materials: Pink gold case, sapphire caseback
- Dial: Partially open-worked with a pink-gold guilloché center and matching pink gold hands
- Strap: Black alligator with pink gold folding buckle
- Complications: Flying tourbillon and minute repeater with centrifugal sound dissipater
- Certifications: Poinçon de Genève (Geneva Seal)
- Caliber: RD104 In-House Movement
- Parts: 434
- Power Reserve: 60 hours
- Winding: Automatic, via two gold-plated-platinum micro-rotors
- Finishing: Pink gold on top, Rhodium-plated on back. Circular graining, guilloché, and Côtes de Genève decoration. Tourbillon carriage in the shape of a Celtic cross.
- Availability: Limited edition of 20 numbered pieces
- Price: 380,000 Swiss Francs
Bloomberg's New Watch report is your source for the most up-to-date news in the world of horology, telling you exactly what you need to know about newly released watches from around the globe.