Larry Ellison's Master Class in Being Rich and Having FunBy
It’s business as usual. That’s what Oracle is saying about Larry Ellison’s abdication as the company’s chief executive officer. Its presidents, Mark Hurd and Safra Catz, had been handling the day-to-day operations of Oracle for years, with Ellison spending most of his time thinking about technology strategy. “They deserve the recognition,” Ellison told analysts yesterday. “They deserve the CEO title.” For emphasis, Catz added later, “There will be no change. Whatsoever.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Nasdaq Drops on Tech Rout as Oil Falls, Gold Gains: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting