Yes, Roosters Fought Inside a Walmart. No, the Company Says, It Wasn't a CockfightBy
It’s been a bad week for Wal-Mart Stores, at least as far as its public relations are concerned. Today is news that a Walmart store in Mexico hosted a cockfight to promote soda. The incident, which has brought the retailer’s Mexican unit under investigation by local officials, prompted an unintentionally amusing response from a company spokesman. He admitted to Bloomberg News that there were cocks in the store, and those cocks were indeed fighting each other. But since the roosters weren’t armed with blades, and no betting took place at the store, Walmex spokesman Antonio Ocaranza stood his ground: “It wasn’t a cockfight.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts