With Minecraft, Microsoft Bets Again on Blockbuster Game Franchises Over TalentBy
The conventional wisdom in Silicon Valley is that acquisitions are about gaining great talent. Just last week, Tim Cook told Charlie Rose that one of the main reasons Apple bought Beats was for "incredible talent." The Valley even has its own term for an acquisition based solely on hiring: "acquihire."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day