Academic Economists vs. Financial Analysts: Who Is Right About the Bond Market?By
Academic and policy economists are taught to leave market predictions to the well-paid folks in the financial industry. But lately, not only are they coming out with bold predictions, their expectations are the complete opposite of what industry expects. Financial industry experts say interest rates will rise, the only question is when. Meanwhile, several prominent economists have released an e-book (PDF) arguing rates will stay low for the foreseeable future, perhaps for decades.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’