Tata Solar Completes 3-Megawatt Plant for Andhra SugarsNatalie Obiko Pearson
Tata Power Solar Systems Ltd., a unit of India’s biggest industrial group, completed a 3-megawatt solar power project at a fertilizer and chemical plant owned by Andhra Sugars Ltd.
The project in Kovvur in southern Andhra Pradesh state will supply more than 15 percent of the factory’s power needs, according to an e-mailed statement from Tata Solar.
It was built in part to fulfill a government-set target that requires Andhra Sugars to source at least 0.5 percent of the plant’s energy from clean sources, according to the statement.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- Uber Halts Autonomous-Car Testing After Fatal Arizona Crash
- Hong Kong's Richest Woman Loses Half Her Wealth on Stock Plunge