U.S. EQUITY PREVIEW: DHI DSW EMC FTD HLF TV TWTR USTRDan Hart
Stocks that may move in U.S. trading tomorrow:
- D.R. Horton (DHI): Shrs may rise to $31 in yr as housing mkts recover and investors recognize co.’s “rosiest” outlook among major homebuilders and low valuation of shrs, Barron’s said
- DSW (DSW): Shrs may rise to $31 vs present $26.48 as inventory management improves, stores seem to have enough sandals on sale to avoid glut in fall, Barron’s “The Trader” column said
- EMC (EMC): Shrs may rise to $38 if investor Elliott Management’s pressure results in VMware unit spinoff and additional shr buybacks, Barron’s said
- FTD (FTD): Shrs may have “more upside ahead” as it has agreed to $430m purchase of Provide Commerce from John Malone’s Liberty Interactive, “improves its prospects and reduces its risks,” Barron’s said
- Grupo Televisa (TV): U.S.-traded shrs may rally more than 25% to mid-$40s as sentiment improves in Mexico, ad sales increase and pay-TV business expands, “Follow-Up” column said
- Herbalife (HLF): 2Q earnings could have been 65 cent a shr instead of reported $1.55 if it had used “more realistic” exchange rate in calculating Venezuelan currency loss, “The Trader” column said
- Twitter (TWTR): 2Q non-GAAP 2 cent a shr profits were a “joke” as they failed to reflect $158m stock compensation, about half its $312m rev., “Follow-Up” column said, without posting PT; TWTR may not turn profitable on GAAP basis until ’17, Barron’s said
- United Stationers (USTR): Shrs may increase 20% to $46 as it sells more high-growth products such as power tools and welding supplies, shifting from traditional office goods such as paper and envelopes with shrinking demand amid digital revolution, Barron’s said
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
You might like: