Why Some Men Still Think Women Shouldn’t WorkBy
In the 1980 movie 9 to 5, Lily Tomlin’s male boss denies her a promotion because, as he puts it, “the company needs a man in this position.” Tomlin blows up at him. She criticizes the corporate boys’ club and men who feel threatened by ambitious women. “Spare me the women’s lib crap, OK?” her boss tells her. He still doesn’t give her the promotion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Nasdaq Drops on Tech Rout as Oil Falls, Gold Gains: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting