How (Not) to Copy Apple’s Iconic Store DesignBy
Apple can now apply to trademark its retail store design in Germany. The European Union’s top court said on Thursday that the iPhone maker can register an image of its store layout as a trademark with the German Patent and Trademark Office. Apple’s first application was refused by that office for including only a representation of the layout with no indication of the size or proportions of the store. The EU court’s decision is valid throughout the 28 EU member states.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis