Google's DIY Cardboard-and-Smartphone Virtual Reality HeadsetBy
Google gave a gift to everyone who came to its developers conference this week: a kit to make a virtual reality headset out of folded cardboard and an Android smartphone. Virtual reality has lurched through several hype cycles over the past few decades, and we are smack in the middle of the latest one, inspired by Oculus VR, the headset maker that Facebook bought for $2 billion in March.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis